Lifestyle Companions – Core Values
Lifestyle Companions registered through McDonald Homecare have the character to be trusted to care for people in their own homes;
Lifestyle Companions registered through McDonald Homecare have the qualities of honesty and strong moral principles;
Lifestyle Companions registered through McDonald Homecare have the best interests of the person at the heart of how they care;
Lifestyle Companions registered through McDonald Homecare come with a caring, nurturing and protective nature.
- I am currently employed as a live in carer and have known Leigh McDonald since September 2015. Leigh and his live in care team have always been professional and understanding both to the carers and customers that he managed. Leigh had a good rapport with the customers and family and he is well regarded by everyone that knows him. Leigh has excellent managerial skills and is very supportive and very approachable, nothing is too much trouble for him.
Wendy - Worcester
- I have known Leigh McDonald for a number of years and as a manager for a nationwide care company. Leigh is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Caring for customers and staff to a high degree. Leigh is good natured, patient, hard working, organised and professional. As an older person returning to full time work, Leigh gave me the confidence and skills to progress as a live in carer.
Frances - Gosport
- My first initial meeting with Leigh McDonald was in 2015 when I was introduced through a mutual friend that was employed by Leigh as part of his national live in care team. Leigh was extremely professional throughout my recruitment and made me feel totally at ease. I then worked alongside Leigh and his management skills were second to none. He was efficient, helpful, offered advice if needed, and very caring of any situation that I found myself confronted with. Leigh also had a strong connection with the clients and the families he supported. His values of integrity, confidentiality, dignity and respect really shone through for those clients under his care. I have worked in the care industry for almost 9 years and during the two years working alongside Leigh he has been the best manager anybody could have wished for.
Ciana - Stockport
- Having a manager as approachable as Leigh is the key to his success supporting Live-in care teams. Leigh’s leadership style is about developing a teams interpersonal skills and instil confidence in carers to carry out high quality care. Our care sector demands people who are intrinsically dedicated to the well being of individuals, Leigh McDonald carries this value along with a healthy dose of humour.
Louisa - New Zealand
If you are interested in registering with a highly professional and supportive company, you will need to demonstrate all of the core values during our recruitment process. In addition to this, you need to comply with the following:
- All Lifestyle Companions are self-employed and responsible for their own tax and NI contributions. You will need to demonstrate registration with HMRC & provide your Unique Tax Reference (UTR).
- An Enhanced DBS will be required. This can be arranged through the company if the Lifestyle Companion does not belong to the DBS Update Service.
- The Lifestyle Companion will be responsible for their own training and ensuring certificates are up to date. The company will be able to advise on the specific training courses and where to source these.
- The Lifestyle Companion will also need to arrange their own Carers Liability Insurance. The company will be able to advise if required.
- As a carefully selected Lifestyle Companion, you will have been matched with both a prospective Client’s needs, interests and nature. McDonald Homecare will facilitate and consult throughout this matching process. It is the Client or representative’s choice if they contract you and whether you accept the Care Contract.
- All Lifestyle Companions are responsible for their own portfolio of experience, training certificates and all other self-employment documentation. This portfolio is important to display at the request pf the Client and or their representatives. The Lifestyle Companion will be organised and to ensure that their professional care portfolio is updated and available at all times.